febrero 02, 2008

Run Forest ,Run!!!

"Out of the silver heat mirage he ran. The sky burned, and under him the paving was a black mirror reflecting sun-fire. Sweat sprayed his skin with each foot strike so that he ran in a hot mist of his own creation. With each slap on the softened asphalt, his soles absorbed heat that rose through his arches and ankles and the stems of his shins. It was a carnival of pain, but he loved each stride because running distilled him to his essence and the heat hastened this distillation." - James Tabor, from "The Runner," a short story


Today's post is dedicated to a very dear friend of mine. Today's
The Rocky Racoon race...
Tulkas is now going for 100 miles!! Gosh I'm not quite sure whether he's an absolute madman or quite a brave one to endure such a journey :p maybe he's both. Anyway, I know this is an important race for him, has trained a lot, so pal, you're in my mind, run like the wind, noo BE the wind, be the trail, run like hell as if Mr Numerito wanted to own your mind (jejeje)...

"I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!"
~Sasha Azevedo, Runner Athlete

"Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed" ~Charles Schulz, Peanuts

"I always loved running... it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs. " ~Jesse Owens

No hay comentarios: